Ralph DeLeonardis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35005
Property Name : Rock Chimney
Reservation Date : 02/09/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 bass; 2 at 3 pounds, 2 around 1 pound
Lures Used : Plastic worms; Rapala minnow lure

Made a spur of the moment trip to Rock Chimney on Feburary 9, 2023.  Beautiful property and a great day;  sunny and warming to the low 70’s in the afternoon.  The lake was full and the water clear, but the fishing was a bit slow.  Arrived around 9:30 am and caught 2 bass in the morning; a young fish around a pound and later a nice 3 pound bass.  Caught both fish from the bank nearest the entrance using an old black Rapela lure with a gold bottom.  Had a few other light hits on the lure but no luck landing them.  Moved to the opposite bank in the afternoon and had some luck with red plastic worms; again catching a small 1 pound bass and another 3 pound bass.  The fish were all healthy looking but a little lethargic.

Soon after I entered the lake area, I was met by the owner.  They warned me to be careful because the recent rains had made some of the areas around the lake difficult to drive over and suggested I park near the entrance roads.  The owner also called PWF in the morning to inform them of the site conditions, and PWF subsequently gave me a call.  Although I had no trouble, it was sure nice to have people looking out for my welfare.  The property description clearly states that some roads are impassible after a rain.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable way to spend the day!