John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35142
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 02/21/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 2lb 4oz to 6lb 2oz
Lures Used : Swimbait and a ????????

Lake is 3’ low, I do think it caught some water from the rains, but still needs more. 4’ visability.

Weather cooperated fairly, almost no wind until 10am then it got breezy, gusts not like what I was expecting. A beautiful day it was

Caught 8 bass. Two of them in the 2-3lb, one 3lb, the rest were over four with two different 5-15’s! Very first fish was the 6-2. One early and one late.

First fish and the first 5-15 came back to back casts very early. Only two fish caught north of the primary hump, the other six came south of primary hump. Did break off two fish due to my idiocy, folks check your line often when at this lake, I do belive those to have been PG quality toads.

The first two fish I caught were the native that have been there for years and most likely offspring of the tagged original stocking years ago. The The second 5-15 had teeth of an F1, may have been an F1(??).

Tactics; Sloooooooow. 5-7’ Water. 51 early,-53-54late. Did see 56 in the NE corner late.

This is a lake the can be a great place to fish taken the time to learn it.

Feb 22 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Quality bag – way to go John!
Mark

Feb 23 2023

Michael Svoboda

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

Quality bag – way to go John!
Mark

Great report! This lake has biggun’s and a great land owner.

Feb 23 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Michael Svoboda

Great report! This lake has biggun’s and a great land owner.

Land owner is great. Every time I talk to him his passion for his lake shows. I feel privileged to fish there with the club. That is one lake I feel I can hunt the fish as they are known to not be cooperative at times. He did a good job on creating a challenging place to spend a day on.