Wendell Vines

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35083
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 02/23/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Good numbers / up to 4+ lb
Lures Used : Chatterbait, crankbaits, SP, spinners

Fished the big lake at Hickory Creek from 8:30 to 6 on Thursday with a couple of hour-long breaks.  Found good action from the start on a cloudy warm morning with just a sprinkle of rain.  Quickly turned sunny with some occasional clouds.  Had light winds from northnorth, east and southeast (!). during the day. The bite slowed awith midday sun, especially during a few glassy calm peiods.  Caught fish in all areas of the lake except the west bank.  Most of the bass were in 3-4 lb range, including 4 within an ounce or two of 3.75 and one at 4.2.  All were fiesty, fat and healthy looking.  Also ran into a hungry pod of crappie.

Landowner kindly took time from chores to stop by and say hello. I thanked him for making this property available to us.  The place is immaculately well groomed as always, a beautiful place to enjoy the day especially today with the active eagles and a bunch of deer on the way out.

One caution – be sure to bring a bailing cup.  The club boat has a leak.

Feb 25 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Good report Wendell. That's an enjoyable day. Thanks for mentioning the small leak – I forgot to mention it in my report last week. I think it could possibly be just the plug, but I didn't try changing it out. 

Mark

Feb 27 2023

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

It may be the plug, but I also noticed a rivet missing last time I used it.  If I remember correctly it was in the right side of the boat, and depending on how much weight is in there it would be right around the water line.  

Feb 27 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks guys for letting us know. I called the owner and he will have it fixed within the week.

Steve

Feb 27 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Boat is now fixed! Again, thanks for letting us know.