Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34794
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/25/2023 All Day - 02/26/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 Biggest 4 lbs
Lures Used : Big spinner baits, shaky head

Mike & I fished Saturday & Sunday morning.  Lake level was down only about 2’.  There  was no vegetation on the surface so with the nice water level the lake fished all of its 40 acres.  Water temp was 56 when we started out and got up to 60 late in the afternoon.  Water clarity was maybe 1’.  Wind was light.  It was a cold start on Saturday, as it was only 39 degrees.  And fishing was slow.  We only caught 1 two pounder. Starting around 2,  it finally warmed up a bit.  We caught 8 more late in the afternoon.  2 were harvest fish. No particular bait or pattern.  A shaky head, a small read crank bait, a big swim bait are what worked.  A  couple were caught out in the middle on the hump where the trees are, a couple along the east bank, one in the cove to the right and a couple off the points in deep water.  Sunday morning was a lot nicer.  It was 57 degrees when we stated and warmed up quickly.  And the wind picked up.  We caught 10 all in the 2 to 4 pound range.  A big spinner bait worked best.

We stayed in the cabin Friday and Saturday nights.  Ken, the owner came down to see us on Friday evening to check in with us and let us know the boat was down in the water. and ready to go.  We had a very nice chat with him.  Super nice guy.  The boat we used is great.  Really like having the second trolling motor on the back, especially when the wind came up Sunday morning.  This is a terrific property.  Mike and I will fish it again this spring.

Feb 28 2023

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

beautiful property.        Anyone that wants to fish it, let me know. 2546818991. 

Feb 28 2023

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Carpenter

beautiful property.        Anyone that wants to fish it, let me know. 2546818991. 

2 person minimum