Rollin Sarradet

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35264
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 03/02/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 60+
Lures Used : Chatterbait ,spinnerbait, lipless crankbait, jerkbait

I arrived at the lake at 9am and fished until 2pm, with a 45 minute break to run to Castroville for some lunch. The weather was cloudy, but warm, and the water temp was 70-73. The action was pretty much non-stop, and seemed to be all over the lake. I started in the shallows on the north side of the lake and the fish were active in the water lilies. I proceeded to the upper end where I found fish in the trees, and then down the south shoreline where there were numerous fish out on the flat. Anything that mimicked a shad was going to get bit. The fish ranged in size from dinks to a 22 inch female that was under weight for her size but still a solid fish. Lots of 2-3lbers. The lake level was extremely low, as mentioned in previous posts, but did not seem to affect the fishing. I was able to go just about everywhere in my kayak with a trolling motor. No issues. As I did not use the property boats, I cannot comment on their condition, but they are still easily accesible form the floating dock. 

Mar 03 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Cole and I had a trip like this in November. It was nuts we caught a fish every third cast for hours. Lots of fish over 3 lbs and a few over 5 lbs.