Mar 12 2023

Eric Carr

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35270
Property Name : Lago Escondido
Reservation Date : 03/11/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 208/to 5.2 lbs
Lures Used : Chatter, grubtail, GT360, Whopper-plopper, Pop-R, stickbaits, Ned rigs

My brother and I fished here 3/11 all day except for a 4 hour lunch/siesta.  The lake is down around 3 to 4 feet, and as usual the property was beautiful and very well kept.  Warm and cloudy in the am, turning to hot and windless in the afternoon, with some clouds returning for part of the late afternoon.  Water temp around 72.

The fish were biting like I’ve never seen them here, and I’ve fished here about a dozen times over the past few years.  There was never a slow period, and the only minor dissapointment we had  were the smaller sizes of the fish we caught (not normal for this lake), although we pulled in a 5.2 pounder near sunset on a Pop-R.  Most of the rest were 12-16”, with 3 or 4 bigger ones early and a couple of bigger ones late.  We culled quite a few and probably should have culled lots more, but it is difficult for me to remove a 15-16” bass!  Besides, 48 culls at an average length of around 13-14” is a lot of weight! 

We fished hard with wacky-rigged Senkos during the first half of the day, and the fish bit it well, but almost every one was a scrappy 1-2 pounder.  I have caught several bass from this lake between 5 and 8 lbs, but the little guys were in charge today. During the hot late afternoon we decided the sows just weren’t going to bite (maybe they were all on beds?), so we tied on Ned rigs and caught 12-14-inchers straight down in 4’ of water at several locations around the lake, often times one right after another. 

Come try this lake.  Bring a stringer.  Be ready for a beautiful, remote experience.

Mar 12 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

What a day Eric! I thought you fat-fingered that total number of bass. I can't even imagine. 🤯 Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed day, 

Mark