Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35239
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 03/11/2023 PM - 03/12/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 up to 5.75 lbs
Lures Used : Wacky senko, t-rig craw, squarebill, lipless

Fished Northeast lake Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with my son and my brother.  We were on the water Saturday shortly after 12pm.  The bite wasn't really on fire but we were getting some bites on soft plastics around the perimeter of the lake.  I wanted to spend some time working in deeper water but the winds made it difficult to work in open areas.  By the end of the day Saturday we had picked up about 15-20 fish between the three of us.  Largest was 5.75 that came on a flat sided crank bait right next to the overflow drain by the dam.  I did get to go for a little bit of a swim when I was trying to unsnag my lure and lost balance in the jon boat.  Luckily I was in the shallows and the boat didn't sink completely.  I just pulled it up to shore, used my small drink cooler to bail it out, then went on about my day fishing.  Later I found I was missing a pair of pliers and my scale.  But the 5.75 lb fish came before that incident, so that weight is confirmed.  

We stayed the night at the cabin.  Cooked some hamburgers on the small charcoal grill and got to bed early so we could get back at it Sunday morning.  Cabin was clean and comfortable.  No complaints.

Sunday morning was cooler and still windy, but we still managed another 12-15 fish including a couple around 3lbs.  Most of Sunday's fish came on wacky senkos and probably half the fish came from the beaver house on the east side of the lake.  

This was my first trip to this lake and I don't have electronics so I'm not sure if there are any hidden brush piles.  If not, the lake could sure use some, given the lack of grass.  The beavers are doing their best to provide some laydowns, but we could use some offshore structure.  

This was a fun trip and my first time staying in lodging at a PWF lake.  I highly recommend this place for a nice weekend getaway.  As always, thanks to the property owners and PWF for making it all possible.  

Mar 13 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

This lake was overrun with Grass about 4 years ago, we added Grass Carp and it appears they have done their job, but too well. We like some grass, but not no grass. Its nearly impossible to get it exactly right where we have some but not too much. 

Thanks for the information. We will see about getting some brush in the lake. 

Mar 13 2023

Nick Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

To add on to Jason’s report T-rigged Rage Craw green pumpkin/orange with a 3/16th oz. tungsten produced several decent fish near the shoreline especially near the beaver dome and extending out into the lake about 20 yards.  Peg your weight or it will slip down in the branches and get you snagged.  I dropped it close to the sticks and before it hit bottom you would feel them pick it up.  Lots of fun when they fight hard and pull your kayak around.  The rest came off of a green pumpkin magic Senko wacky rigged up high and tight to the bank near the reeds or along the dam.