Black Vulture is back in town

Mar 13 2023

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished Saturday in the light rain and mist.  The potholes on the way in are filled with water so go slow as some are deep.  Got down to the launch and the nesting Black Vulture is  under the bigger Jon boat.  So don't let it scare you.  The lake is over filled and off color.  This is my second trip in March where I'm having problems locating the Bass. Caught 6 and all good size but looked like they have spawned as stomach was loose.   The weeds are not a problem and all the fish came near the hay barn. Matter of fact caught one bass tossing into the hay barn.  The afternoon sun came out and so did a strong south wind. Pass the hay barn you can take that arm half way to Deer Trail.

On a final note it is always good to fish with a partner. I had experienced a medicine reaction to a new to me drug.  Having that partner helped me to safely exit the water and rest a little while he unloaded our gear and the beached the Jon boat.  After resting for 15 minutes the problem was resolved and I need to have a conversation with my doctor .

Mar 13 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glad you’re ok, Robert.

Hang in there, partner and thanks for the report.