Mar 15 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35211
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 03/14/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6LMB, 1.5lbs to 6.7lbs
Lures Used : Jerkbait, Spinnerbait, Square bill crankbait, Swimbait, Swim Jig Senko, Chatterbait, Texas Rig

Hopped on the water at 12:15 with air temps at 55 degrees, wind 8-10mph and sunny skies.  Started throwing a Texas Rigged creature bait, swim jig, square bill and swim bait.  Took a lap around the lake with no takers.  I had a Jackhammer chatterbait with a Zako trailer tied on from a previous trip, so decided to give it a whirl and it paid off right away.  Caught the smallest fish of the day a 1.5lber after a few casts in the SE corner (left side of where it makes a Y).  Two casts later a 3.5lber and the next cast a 3.8lber all within fifteen feet of each other.  Worked the eastern bank to no avail and started fishing the north side.  Missed one to the right of the damn and a few casts later on the left side of it, the big girl hit.  She played it pretty coy for the first 10-15 seconds, then all of a sudden she took off and I knew it was good sized.  Slowly worked her in and netted her (thanks for the lake owner for having a net on board).  Like all the fish at Pecan Gap, extremely healthy bass for sure.  Caught a couple morning on the West bank past the dock and then the skies unleashed.  Even with a rain jacket, it got pretty cold quickly, so i left a little before 4pm and went to check out Kroontz Brewing in Gainesville.  

All fish were caught on the chatterbait despite repeated efforts with many other lures.  Always fun catching a PB and look forward to fishing here again.

Mar 15 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Co grays on the PB Ryan. Big bass live there and are well fed. The F1’s he stocked a couple years ago already reaching 4lbs. 

Mar 15 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Atta boy on the PB Ryan! I also caught my PB here last summer and what a great feeling that was. I can't wait to give it another go soon.