Mar 27 2023

Bruce Browne

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35626
Property Name : Indian Hollow Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/26/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 @ 3.6lbs then 32 dinks
Lures Used : Swim jig, Swim bait w/spinner, buzzbait, crank baits deep, spinner bait

Wife and I spent the afternoon fishing in Oklahoma on a beautiful 75 degree no wind day.  Oklahoma seems to be a couple of weeks behind Texas as the lake temperature and trees budding have not really turned yet but are close.  Water temperature is about 60 degrees good visability to about 24”.  This lake as billed should be producing a lot of large fish as it is large with great structure, problem is, there are too many dinks! Always amazes me the visous nature of the black bass.  These fish although small were tearing into the lures sometimes half their size.  We finally decided to make some fun out of them and use buzzbaits for top water action and they did not dissapoint.  Alot of fun did land, a 3.6 Ib bass and interesting as I got it near the boat another bass of similiar sizes was trying to get the frog in the bass I coughts mouth!  Enjoyed the day and hopefully helped with harvesting the small ones.  I am sure some raccons and other wildlife enjoyed the buffet on the shore line last night.  Thanks to the property owner on letting us fish this great property.