Muddy but good Waterboo

Mar 28 2023

Pete Lane

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished Waterboo this afternoon from noon to 7pm. After last week’s heavy rain, water was very muddy, <1’ visbility, which is about 6’ less than normal. Bank is fine, no problems launching the kayak, lake is going over the water flow. When I saw the stain, thought was going to struggle today. However, ended up catching 30+, all in the 1-3lb range. Most were males, on beds. Caught a few females who were all full of eggs, so looks like they have yet to spawn here. Water was at 60degf, so have to think the deluge last week put them back. About all the fish were caught on a white free-lined senko – pitched into the margins (where the water was a little clearer) and then twitched back. The males were on beds – could see what I’m guessing were females staged in the upper channel, all suspended in 10’ of water. Tried hard to get a bite off them, but nothing doing. They will likely move on to beds in the next week and then someone will have an amazing day!. If you’re going out, I’d wait until at least the weekend for the water to clear up , and would then target the left side of the creek (it’s about 2’ of water, was stacked with male fish), then the upper corner to the right of the creek, and then finally to the left of the dam (opposite side to the outflow). That’s where the males were stacked up. Good luck!