Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35702
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/29/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29
Lures Used : Chase Baits

Fun afternoon of kayak fishing at this most southern PWF location. Caught 29 with most in the 16-17” range. Biggest one was just over 17”. Culled 7 between 7 – 14”. Day was overcast with a constant E wind between 12-15mph and water temps at 69f.

Most of my time was spent on Lake Raymond and at the end of the day I caught a few throwing from the bank on GP.

Most of the bites were on a rattletrap or medium diving crank, with a few hitting spinnerbait, underspin and a chatterbait. Didn’t bother throwing senkos as I was having too much fun with the moving bait strikes. I also caught a few on topwater at the end of the day.

The tanks are full after the recent rains and the fishing action is consistent! Raymond, the onsite ranch hand has been on top of clearing the brush along the lake egdes which really helps those that want to fish from the bank. 

This is a fun site close to the west side of Houston that features lots of varation in water depth with mounds/ridges/ledges/flats and  submerged trees. And they just kicked in a culling program which should really benefit the population of larger bass.

Saw Raymond and asked him to thank Mr. Ernie for allowing us to fish this property! 

Mar 31 2023

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Did you happen to try the big lake at all?  Last time I was there we caught a handful right at the end of the day in a very short stretch of bank on the big lake.  This is a fun place and  I only live 3 miles from this place, I really need to get out there more.  

Mar 31 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Jason Owens

Did you happen to try the big lake at all?  Last time I was there we caught a handful right at the end of the day in a very short stretch of bank on the big lake.  This is a fun place and  I only live 3 miles from this place, I really need to get out there more.  

Jason,

I was having such a good time fishing R & GP that I ran out of daylight.

I have fished TD the last couple of times and have had adequate action walking the south bank by the drainage ditch.

I highly recommend that those folks in the greater Houston area give this place a shot!

Bob

Apr 01 2023

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bob Scheidemann

Jason,

I was having such a good time fishing R & GP that I ran out of daylight.

I have fished TD the last couple of times and have had adequate action walking the south bank by the drainage ditch.

I highly recommend that those folks in the greater Houston area give this place a shot!

Bob

Thanks Bob for the report.  Sounds like a fun day with plenty of options.   I’ve always wanted to fish this property (for obviou reasons).  I hope to check it out the next time i get down that way.

1. Bar-field