Steve Alston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35675
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/29/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1- 4# 3-3.5# and the rest were from 3# to 2#
Lures Used : Soft plastics-Yum Dinger-Trick-Paddle tails-Lizards

Temp-63-75’  2. Wind 5-10  3. Lake level high  4. Visability 15-16”  5. Stained   6. Timber side of lake flooded, spawning fish very hard to get to as they were past the nomal grass line. 7.  Took me about about an hour to finally figure out where the bass were  8. Due to the high water level the bass were deep into the grass on beds  9. Normally that wouldn’t have been a problem, but; since they were on the beds over 60% of my strikes were bass holding the bait and moving it off the bed which was confusing at first as I would get them half way to the kayak and then they would jump out of the water flip me off and spit out the bait. Lol. 10. Unfortunately there is no fix on this and fortunately I was able to set the hook on about half. 11. Obviously I tried a lot of differnet methods with none working other than behind the grass line on both sides of the lake. I will say trick worms worked the best Tx.Rig. due to the heavy grass. 12. As we all know there’s nothing better than a good day at the lake.