Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35602
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 03/30/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21 LMB, 1lb to 4lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait, Swimbait, Spinnerbait, Frog, Senko

Wife had some work down in Austin this week, so decided to come down for a few days and lug my gear; glad I did.  Read a few reports on Brushy Creek and was intrigued.  

68 degrees, 15+ mph winds and steady mist/rain when I hit the water at 12:30pm.  With the wind, basically decided to drift with it and see how it went.  Started across from the ramp and caught the smallest fish of the day.  Kept drifting down the creek and caught one every few minutes around each bend of the creek.  Missed a couple frog blow ups on the moss; always fun though!  Fished the creek as far as I could and turned back.  Glad I hit this lake in the spring as come summer, a good chunk of this creek wouldnt been accesible.

Ran into the wind all the way down to the east side and drifted it.  Used the swim bait a bit more and caught the biggest of the day, 4lbs. about midway through that side.  Caught a couple more, another missed frog blow up and onto the other side.  

Caught a couple really nice ones on the upper west side of the lake to the right of the dam.  Went into the other creek and caught two more.  Drifted the rest of the West side with a few fish and tried the lower creek again.  Two more fish and time to go.

All in all, the chatterbait with Zako trailer caught over half the fish.  Swim bait with 4.0 hook with keel weight was also solid.  This place is a frog fishing heaven, it’s just a bit early for that.  So many reeds, stick ups, moss, etc. that I know in a month or so it would be awesome.

No big ladies like I’ve read about from this property, but also every fish minus one was 1.5lbs or more.  Most were 2-2.5lbs and a good chunk were over 3lbs.  They hit hard and pretty much set the hook on themselves, so that was fun!

Thanks PWF for this property and I’ll be sure to make the drive back from Dallas soon!

Mar 31 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Pretty fish there Ryan 

Apr 02 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Pretty fish there Ryan 

Thanks John!  I was really impressed with how healthy all the fish caught here were.