Warmed up at Hickory

Mar 31 2023

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35682
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/29/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 crappie 1 good size other small; 20 bass - 9 under 1 lb ,11 from 1.5 to 5 lb est.
Lures Used : speed worm, swim jig, swim bait, jika rig , zoom fluke

This was a good day of fishing at Hickory Creek.

I arrived at noon and just bank fished since i was alone. First tried the dock, without much luck. Caught a few bluegill using a light combo rig, and a bass or two...Then went to the shallow north east end...Not a lot there, but i managed a Crappie, and a few more bass….

Had some lunch, and then trailed down to the southwest side….fishing from around 4.30 to 7….Well, this is where it turned around for me...Starting catching some nice bass from a pound plus to , i think, up to 4 or 5 lber, maybe more, but it’s hard for me to tell without a scale, but heavy for sure...That particular hefty one i caught on the jika rig, just dragging right down the shore line, and about when it was to me, that big boy just smashed it...What a hit...It was incredible...wam!...So that was my pb for sure, this day...I had a floating chasebait on it, that had the flap portion all the way around the bait, resembling almost jellyfish type movement, but really looked good in the water. I had tested it in the pool, and thought, wow, ‘that looks good’...well, the jika with the chasebait, worked out well. It must have looked good to the fish too! I believe it is called the Flip Flop…The Love bug is similar, with that same type flap...only caught that one with it, but it was near the end, so headed home...

Water was stained with about a foot of visibility, and winds were light moving east to west….but it was a great day, and a heck of lot of fun. The folks at Hickory Creek are always welcoming. I’ll be back!