Apr 06 2023

Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35001
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 04/05/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 53 culls and 35 returned
Lures Used : Shaky head with Ocho worm, black/blue chatterbait and shallow crank baits

We fished from sun up to sun down.  It wasn't easy either because we had rain, wind, lightning...more wind and rain and some sun...it was a crazy day.  The two of us put it on them though.  The thing about culling everything under 16” is that those fish fight, crush your lure and then once in the boat and measured we both caught ourselves saying no way that's a cull!!??!!  But we actually counted every cull we put in the net the landowner has out for the culls- yep 53!  That is amazing.

the property is amazing I would tell those that fish it to have a plan.  The lake is so big and interestingly configured that you can't just run around it all day.  Read the reports, find the structure or the application you want and stay committed.  We stayed committed to the shaky head because that application kept the worm out of the junk at the bottom.  We did find that the shaky head was getting the smaller bites.  So we found structure and grass and caught several 2#ers and some 4 to 5#ers using the slow rolling chatterbait.  The biggest was 5.5 so we never found the big mommas but had an amazing time.  The boat is perfect and easy to operate.  The fish were all healthy and fat.  Where this property goes I don't know.  It's so interesting with all the twists and turns and hiding places.  The water level was full and 68 degrees.  The member that gets a calm/warm day for frog fishing better be ready.  There was a constant frog chatter/noise all around the lake.  Don't forget to key on the structure but also the grass flats on the east side of the lake.  Dr Paul and I had a great time so thank you PWF and the land owner.  Epic day of fishing!!!

Apr 07 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I had a top 5 day of all time fishing for me at that lake a while back.  With the owner adding so much in terms of fertilization, secondary forage, a feeding program with 10 feeders, and active harvesting/predator control – I can’t wait to see how it develops over time.  When it first opened, it was really just the main lake and a few seondary areas, but now it has the back area and the flat to the right of the brushpile.  It is really fun to see a lake from scratch develop over time.