Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35819
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 04/07/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 26 not counting bluegills
Lures Used : Frog, flukes and spinners

Got to Jones Lake around 10:30.  Easy access and the ground was dry. We fished from shore mostly except for one of us had a kayak. Maybe 50% of the lake is fishable from shore.  All the bass were caught off the north side of lake except for 2 caught off west side cat nine tails.  No beds and all bass were caught around 20 to 25 feet offshore. I believe they were holding there waiting for water temps to rise a few more degrees.  We used mostly white frogs and white spinner. The flukes were watermelon red which worked well. These bass have a dark color to them and all looked healthy.  If you had children with you a small Johnson spin from the dock on the dam would produce a bluegill almost every cast.  These to me looked like coppernose and very large.  Another positive was you can travel up thru Bonham and Paris and avoid I-30. There was a big Jon boat near the lake. Wasn't sure of the status as someone had turned it over.   The biggest of the day was 19 inches.  They ranged from 16 to 19 inches.