Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35782
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 04/08/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 25, biggest was 6.2 lbs
Lures Used : Frogs, wacky senkos

Son and I hit up Pecan Gap today.  I think this was trip #4 for us at PG.  We really enjoy this lake.  It's not the easiest lake to fish. You have to work for them.  Today was no different but probably our most successful trip to Pecan Gap. 

We got on the water around 9 am.  Son took the pontoon on site and I took our Jon Boat.  Within 10 mintutes I hear my son shouting that he got a good one on a frog.  It was our biggest of the day. 6.2 lbs.  We fished until about 1 pm and picked up several fish (2-3lbs) between us on wacky rigged senkos before we headed to Krootz Brewing for lunch.

After lunch we fished together on the Jon boat until dark   We used wacky worms and caught about 12 more (much better size) and my son finished with another 6 pounder right at dark   

Fish were mostly on the main lake banks.  Nothing in the 2 creek arms and nothing on the humps.  The dam gave up the most fish.  We totaled around 25 for the day with 3 at 4lbs, 2 at 5 lbs and the 2 6 pounders   Fairly solid day!

Apr 09 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

One of my favorite lakes. And I live 30 min from it!  It fished diffeeent each time I go there. A few weeks ago didn't get anything north of the main hump. Healthy good fighting fish there. Good job. 

Apr 09 2023

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

One of my favorite lakes. And I live 30 min from it!  It fished diffeeent each time I go there. A few weeks ago didn't get anything north of the main hump. Healthy good fighting fish there. Good job. 

Thanks John. Now that you mention it, it does seem to fish different at times.  I think that's the allure of it.  I have never  caught anything off the dam in previous trips.  Today we caught probably 6-7 off it and they were all solid fish. 

Apr 09 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

Thanks John. Now that you mention it, it does seem to fish different at times.  I think that's the allure of it.  I have never  caught anything off the dam in previous trips.  Today we caught probably 6-7 off it and they were all solid fish. 

It is a challenging puzzle, but the pieces are there, and large pieces at that. Fun when it comes together