John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35170
Property Name : Riley Lake
Reservation Date : 04/07/2023 PM - 04/09/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 8
Lures Used : A-rig and frog

Booked cabin and fishing for Friday through Sunday.  Had to leave Saturday evening due to unforeseen circumstances. Cabin is outstanding and highly recommended.

Got a late start Friday about 3:30. It was cloudy, misty, and chilly. Water temp 64 degrees. Started throwing the A-rig and caught a fat 7.7 ounce giant. That was the only fish caught that day, but it was awesome! Fished all day Saturday until about 5:30. Fish turned on at about 3 that day. Water temp was almost 68 degrees so picked up frog. Caught a 3.8 immediately. Followed by a 4.7, then another 3.8. Cruised down to the next tree and hooked up with another giant. 7.5! Next cast landed a 5.2! I was giggling like a little baby! Then just like that, and as most of you have witnessed first hand, the bite stopped. But it was fantastic while it lasted! 

This place is one of my favorites! 

Apr 10 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Talk about quality over quantity – what a stringer John! Congrats – thanks for sharing.

Mark

Apr 12 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Best report from Riley lake that I can remember. We have been culling for 4 years and it looks like it is working. When we started 4 years ago, catching a bass over 2 lbs was rare. Now look at it!!!

Thanks for sharing.