Rodney Schroeder

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35884
Property Name : Riley Lake
Reservation Date : 04/13/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 all less than 14"
Lures Used : Weightless worm

Got to Riley and in the boat by 8:00 am and foirst fish on a Pop-r at 8:02.  That this was going to be one of those days.  No more bites on topwater so swithched to a plastic ring worm that I happened to find in box a couple of weeks ago.  Not sure what it is called but it is the same diameter from end to end.  Started picking up some small fish around lay downs and cypress roots but few and far between.  Nothing like the last report for this lake.

Met Mr. Riley the owner when he came down to bank to let me know they were going to be performing a prescribed burn on area around the lake and hoped the smoke would not bother me.  Told him about my past career as a forester and had been in lots of smoke over the years but thank him for the heads up and that I had thought about bring the wife to the cabin after seeing some fo the past reports.  He was gracious enough to open the cabin so I could look through before I left.

Bottom line I was able to bring some fish home for the freezer and able to visit a really beautiful site and meet a great landowner.