Apr 14 2023

Chris Hamon

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35761
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/12/2023 All Day - 04/13/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 LMB <17" 35 plus LMB > 17"
Lures Used : Chatter baits main lure, early a.m. Whopper Plopper, Bandito bug and Brush Hog for slower presentation.

For my sons senior trip he picked out a PFW property, and Waco Creek did not dissapoint.  We had a total blast.  This place is crazy for the amount of 3.5-6 lb fish.  With the 17” cull size, even those were fatties.  I am not sure how many overs we caught.  I think i am being very conservative in 35.  We even doubled up 4 pounders. That may never happed again. Caught many in the 5-6 lb range as well , crazy! We weighted the 5-6 lb fish.  We stopped weighing the 4 pounders after the first morning.  All the whlile, turkeys gobbling everywhere.  It just doesnt get any better than that for a father and son trip. 

White or blue Chatterbaits were the main go to lure, with Whopper Plopper early, and pumkin bandito bug and purple/blue brush hog when the bit slowed a little.  North half of the late is where the action was. Dont skip the rocks south of the boat ramp, pulled may from there as well.

Stayed in the house on the property.  I would advise this for anyone, as this place is remote.  Boat was charged and ready. Worked perfect.  We cannot wait to go back, well worth the 6 hour drive.  More than anything the memories are priceless.  Appreciate this property being made available. 

Apr 14 2023

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great day. Also lovr this property and its only about 60 milses from home. Would fish it more often if I could find a regular partner since it requires two person requirement because of its remoteness.