A Tale Of 2 Timbers

Apr 14 2023

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35266
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 04/13/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Total 48, 1= 5.4lb 1=4.1lb 3= 3lb + multiple 2's & 1s 17 Culled
Lures Used : Frog, Underspin, Light Weight And Weightless Worms & Brush Hogs

Fished With My Good Friend And PWF Member Steve Scanlon

Weather Conditions
AM 55*   PM  77*
Partly Cloudy AM   Scattered Clouds PM
Wind,   AM  0 MPH  PM  10MPH
Water Temps  AM 69*  PM  77*
Water Clear 3 To 5 Ft
Growth Heavy, Shore And Up To 15Ft To Surface.
Lake Level Full.

It Is Good To See Timber Back To It’s Full Level Again, It’s Been Quite Awhile Since I Last Seen That.

On The Water Right At Day Break,  Lake Was Like Glass Not A Ripple On It,
Hit The Dam Side 1st Off, Started picking up  1 to 2lbs Fish On A Frog And Missed as many as I Caught.
That Slowed Quickly, Tried Changing To Other Baits With Not Much Luck, Thick Growth Around Entire Shore Line 5 To 10 Feet Out.
Still 0MPH Winds Not A Ripple On The Water,  Not Picking Up Much Of Anything Other Than Culls, This Would Not Change Untill About 09:30..
Once The Breeze Showed Up The Fish Started Getting A Bit More Active And I Managed To Boat A Couple Of 3lbs On A Weightless Worm
Steve Was Having Pretty Much The Same Action.
Noon Arrived So we Took Our Lunch Break, And Went Back Out About 13:30
Wind At This Point Was Fairly Steady, But The Action Was Still About The Same, Still Picking Up Small Fish Held Tight Against Bank To 10 Ft Out In Shallow Depths Under All The Growth.
About  16:00 Things Started Changing For The Better,  Things Were Getting More Active And The Fish Were Getting Bigger In Size.
From 16:00 To About 17:45  Managed To Boat Another 3LB  Then A 4lb  And Finally The 5Lb
All Down  The Dam Side And Back Of That Shore Into The Timber, They Were Still Holding Close To The Shore To About 6 Ft out  In 2 To 6 Ft Of Water
Only Difference Was The Fish Had Started Increasing In Size And Action.
Turned Out To Be A Good Quantity Day And A Fair Quality Day.
All In All We Had A Very Good Time On This Beautiful Lake & Property
And These Fish Still Have That Prize Fighter Mentallity.
Always Looking Forward To Returning To Timber..
Tight Lines Ya”ll..

Apr 15 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glad you had a good day. Weather was great. Glad to hear that lake is full

Apr 18 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Glad you had a good day. Weather was great. Glad to hear that lake is full

Love this place. Was shocked the last time I was there, it was hit hard by the drought. If everyone does their job in weeding out the “culls”, this lake has the potential to grow some wall hangers! Sounds like you and Steve had lots of fun and action!