Twin Lakes 4/15/23

Apr 17 2023

Michael Johnson

Fry

Number of Posts :

My 18 year old daughter and I fished Twin Lakes on 4/15/23. We got there early, and there was a slight breeze, but the coves were dead calm. I think we got one on a whopper Plopper, but we had some great action with Senkos, catching many fish in the 2.5-3.5 range. All the fish are so clean and scrappy…

We continued to fish the timber all around the lake, and we had decent action with Senkos and Tx rigger 10” power worms in black/blue and tequila sunrise. I lost one at the boat that was a solid five pounds.

The wind got pretty nasty, so we went to West lake. It is very weedy with only about two feet of fishing depth in many parts or the lake, and less than that in other parts. We picked up a half dozen up to three pounds in about an hour on flukes and senkos. The flukes were a little more productive. All clean hard fighting fish.

we went back to East lake at 6 pm. It was still windy, but manageable. We had decent action on the Tx rigged power worms. It was getting dark, and I anchored in front of some stumps, and told my daughter to have at it. On her first cast with the power worm, she got a 3-5. I asked her if she wanted to stop there and leave on a good note, but she wanted to keep going. On her next cast, she got a 4-7! She was happy!

I did catch one fish that had a deer hair popper in its belly. If it's yours, I can mail it to you, but it's a little bit rusty now.