Apr 22 2023

Kara Moss

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36046
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/21/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 fish
Lures Used : Frog and weightless wacky rig worked best; also tried spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, chatterbaits, Texas rig creature bait, walking bait

I got to twin lakes this morning around 9:30 and got to fishing on East lake first.  The wind was blowing pretty good which made controlling the jonboat a huge task, but between gusts I was able to get good enough positioning to make the casts I wanted.  I brought a whole arsenal of tackle with me, but all they were interested in today was a weightless wacky rig and a frog (not that I'm complaining, it was a fun bite!). Around noon I decided to go check out West lake.  The wind was still blowing  pretty hard so instead of fighting it in the Jonboat, I just fished it from the bank.  There was a lot of tall and dense vegetation which made it difficult but not impossible. While I tried several lures they keyed in on the frog on this lake too.  The property was beautiful and the fish were all healthy! I look forward to coming back and exploring West lake by boat some time soon!