Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36079
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/24/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 / under 1 lb ; 3 / 1 to 1.25
Lures Used : swimbait, senko, soft jerkbait, frog, spinnerbait

My first time at K-bar, and was quite pleased. Arrived at noon, and thought i would do a little bank fishing.  Started on the Big Lake, and caught a couple using soft jerk bait. Small ones...Fished a while longer, but nothing more, so moved onto Golden Pond, near the main road coming in….Again, didn’t find any takers, so finally moved over to Lake Raymond. Had better luck there, Using a small 3 inch swim bait, i caught most of them. Quite a bit of wood there, on the sides, so lost a couple of lures, but was able to manage around it fairly well. 

Finally to finish up the afternoon, went down the nearest side  to the main road coming into the property, and towards the main house. Caught a few more there on the swimbait. No luck on topwater, using a frog. It had rained pretty hard day before, i think, so don’t kow if bite was impacted. Wind was running NE to SW, about 12 to 15mph. Tried spinnerbait, but still no action.

Talked to Raymond for a while, and he recommened trying Lake Raymond for my luck . and he was right. It was the best. He said he was going to repair a small leak in the main jonboat soon that PWF uses. I told him we appreciate the use of the Lakes and to let the owner know.  Estimate water temp in the higher 60’s, and mostly clear water visibility, up to 3 or 4 feet, on Lake Raymond. Others, were a little more stained, but not muddy.

Only caught a few nice ones, but it was a fun day. No hogs,..But nice layout there, a very pretty ranch, with plenty of water to fish. I look foward to going back. It’s one of the closer lakes for Houston fisherman, it being our southern most lake in the club.