Apr 28 2023

Corky Cummings

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35930
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/27/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 LMB 2-4 lbs, NO culls
Lures Used : Rattle Trap, white chatter, speed craw, wacky senko, tx rig, stick bait

I fished the Hickory Creek Ranch Lake from 3 pm to 6:30 pm on a quick run through east Texas junkett and it was a beautiful piece of property.  No issues whatsoever with road, scenery, ease to find or the post card blue skies.  However, despite a nice west breeze I could not catch any numbers. I threw multiple styles, colors and retrievals and never really isolate one good pattern.  The Wacky probably had the most hits with black/blue flake in the darker water.

The lake is HIGH , like water above the dock high and up in the yard type stuff.  It’s a wedding venue and the yard area is manicured.  I walked about 50 yards with my gear so not to rut up the grass for the owners as suggested, and the boat was high and dry thanks to the rack provided.  The PWF boat was in great shape.

They had a gully washer wednesday night which cooled if off, and muddied the stain on the water to about 12” visibility (guess).  All of the new water probably upset the fish some and not ever fishing here before I was lost on where to go, so I basically fished the south and east sides (wind blown bank) and caught most of them 2-3 feet from the grass edge.

This would be  a good all day lake fishing spot as you have to cover a lot of ground.  I’ll be back.