Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 34005
Property Name : Lee Lake
Reservation Date : 10/08/2022 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes :
Lures Used : Chatterbaits, soft plastics, squarebill crankbait, swim jig

This was my uncle and I’s first trip to Lee Lake. We arrived at the main gate right after sunrise. From the main gate down to the lake is about 1.5 miles or so. When we finally made it down to the lake, we very quickly noticed how low it was. I think this lake is supposed to be about 20-30 acres or so but its about 5-7 right now. Towards the end of our trip the landowner, Ralph, came and talked to us and said the lake was 13 foot low. With the lake being so low, the only option for us to launch our jon boat was on the gravel ramp which is also out of the water by about 6 feet. Getting the boat in the water was about a two hour challenge as the trailer just sank in the mud, but we finally got it. The gravel on the ramp was just put down about two weeks ago and is very loose. We almost didn’t get the truck back up ramp and actually got stuck in the gravel a couple of times. When we put the boat back on the trailer we did it just to the right of the dock and got the trailer as close as we could to the water without it sinking in the mud. The final three foot of bank to the water looks pretty firm, but it is extremely soft. My uncle, me, and the boat returned home a muddy mess. 

Even though the lake is slow, and launching difficulty was 11/10 there is still plenty of water to fish. We found water that was 14’ deep out near the dam and average depth was probably 5-6 foot or so.

The fishing was good. We had good success on just about anything we threw but soft plastics were the star of the show. It didn’t seem to matter what type or color you threw, just throw it in front of them and they would take it. The fish were on the skinny side. I caught one fish (pictured below) that was as skinny of a fish that I have ever seen. The fish were definitely in the grass. When walking on the bank, or getting close with the trolling motor we could see several fish taking off out of the grass. Most of our catches came throwing just right inside the grass or right on the edge of it.  

Fun fact about the property we learned from talking to Ralph is that all of the cattle he has are Wagu beef cows. He said he has about 550 of them. 

Oct 10 2022

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Jordan thanks for the report. I took a liking to this spot last year and it paid off for me very well with numbers and my PB in November. I have been very hesitant to try it out this year because of the lack of rain, and I see that my gut was right if it’s down 13 feet and the surface area is down to 5-7 acres.
Glad yall got on a few. It looks like it’ll be 2023 before I get to try this place again.

Oct 11 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Craig Awtrey

Jordan thanks for the report. I took a liking to this spot last year and it paid off for me very well with numbers and my PB in November. I have been very hesitant to try it out this year because of the lack of rain, and I see that my gut was right if it’s down 13 feet and the surface area is down to 5-7 acres.
Glad yall got on a few. It looks like it’ll be 2023 before I get to try this place again.

yep. All lakes west of I-35 are critically low. 

Hamilton Lee Lake sees very little fishing reservations and has some giants. We have had more than a dozen 9lb+ caught and no fishing report. We just “hear” about it through a he grapevine. 

Oct 12 2022

Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

yep. All lakes west of I-35 are critically low. 

Hamilton Lee Lake sees very little fishing reservations and has some giants. We have had more than a dozen 9lb+ caught and no fishing report. We just “hear” about it through a he grapevine. 

Would love to see some rain so I can give this place another go. I’d give it a go this year but I use the club boat and I’m certain the pontoon is not able to be launched.

I typically report any outing. Not sure if you saw mine from last year, I did end up with one of those 9lb+ bass from Lee Lake. The crappie fishing is pretty good in this lake too. I’m not the most eloquant writer but I do try to include useful information and photos. 

https://www.privatewaterfishing.com/forums/view_report/8099

Oct 12 2022

Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Would love to see some rain so I can give this place another go. I’d give it a go this year but I use the club boat and I’m certain the pontoon is not able to be launched.

I typically report any outing. Not sure if you saw mine from last year, I did end up with one of those 9lb+ bass from Lee Lake. The crappie fishing is pretty good in this lake too. I’m not the most eloquant writer but I do try to include useful information and photos. 

Craig/Steve,

With the lake’s current level and as soft as the bank is I think launching the pontoon boat would be impossible. Especially if you were by yourself. Heck, I think even launching a kayak would be difficult. I can’t wait to return here once the lake comes up a bit. Even with the lake being down to 5-7 acres it was still a heck of a day on the water.

Oct 12 2022

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reminder on your fishing report. I guess I should not have typed “no fishing report”. I should have said only a few fishing reports. I really appreicate you posting it really helps the club manage and understand what is going on at each lake. Hamilton Lee Lake had not had a reservations since late May.